My wife and I are trying to read through the Proverbs daily. A couple days ago I read in Proverbs 21:13: “Whoever shuts their ears to the cry of the poor will also cry out and not be answered.” Wow! What a convicting passage! Our Father God is warning us not to ignore the cries of those who need help, and we know that He has a special heart for the young. We are to do whatever we can to help those in need, and in the month of November, we are going to be focusing on being a blessing to orphans.
- Throughout the month, we will have the opportunity to take a Christmas Shoebox and fill it with presents for a vulnerable child around the world.
- Hear from our missionaries, Derrick and Vicka Nissley, at church on November 1, about how Hope is helping orphans in the Ukraine and what we can do to help even more.
- Sunday, November 8 we will have an opportunity to empower vulnerable kids in Gemena, Congo, where Hope built a school Easter of 2018 through Global Fingerprints.
- Hear encouragement about how to love orphans locally throughout the month.
“Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.” (John Wesley)
~ Pastor Randy
Suzi King – Director
Thank you to all the Hope women who came out to our October Women’s Ministry Outreach! You all did amazing! Also, a big thank you to Angela Brainard, Gwena Burns and Faith Mathews who helped put our craft tables together and for Angela who opened up her home.
We recently had a Leaders Retreat at Hope where we gathered to encourage each other and challenge each other to keep pursuing Christ. Pastor Glen Elliott from Pantano Christian Church came and shared with us and he challenged us to “Each One Reach One”. I’d love to extend that challenge to each of you! “Each One Reach One”. The goal here is for each of us to pray that God would give us one person to pursue for the next year (ish). What if each of us had one person that we were really pursuing, intentionally encouraging in their walk with the Lord, holding them accountable to follow Christ? This could be an amazing season of growth for us!
I’m excited to see how God works through this challenge!
Go Get ‘em! Pastor Dave
Brett Adler, Manny Corral & Jim Zimmer, Directors
Kyria Kelly - Director
In our next unit of The Gospel Project, kids will learn that repentance is turning away from sin and turning to Jesus. As we share with them often, sin is anything we say, think, or do that disobeys God. Our key passage is 1 John 1:9: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” What wonderful news for all of us!!
We are excited to have Don and Cheryl Kusler heading up service projects for kids. Our first project was “Cookies 4 Christ”, where our generous congregation gave $1,331.97 to send the Edmunds family to Austria. Praise God!! If you know of someone who needs assistance with anything or have other ideas for future service projects, we’d love to hear from you!
As we continue seeing more families return, please keep the following in mind:
- Due to space constrictions, all our HopeKids should attend the class appropriate for their age and grade. We have broken into the following classes:
- Nursery/toddlers combined (0mo-3yrs)
- Preschool (3-5yrs, potty trained)
- We would love to be able to provide a lesson for our toddlers again! If you are interested in teaching toddlers, please let me know. They are so smart and soak up everything they learn, and The Gospel Project has fantastic age-appropriate lessons and activities for us to share with them.
- Please continue to provide your children with waters and take them to the restroom before dropping them off in their classrooms.
- Please make sure to save the ticket that prints out with your children’s name tags and use it to pick them up after class so we can ensure everyone leaves with the right people.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about HopeKids, I would absolutely love to hear from you. Please send me an email at email@example.com to get in touch.
AWANA Kids! Remember November 1 is a Sunday where you can catch up on the sections and verses you may have missed, or are due on that day! We will have a table in the lobby, so come by and at least say hello and wear your AWANA shirts if you’d like.
Hoper Adults! Would you please pray about joining us as we disciple children in AWANA? We have a growing ministry and have a need for teens and adults who love God and want to serve Him by ministering to our greatest asset for the future – our CHILDREN! Give Tim or Marilyn a call at 575-1307 if you’d like to know more.
Rivers Hawley 11/1
Landon Taylor 11/4
Violet Edmunds 11/8
Cole Martinez 11/11
Everett Whiting 11/11
Alanna Martinez 11/13
William Woodford 11/13
Jairus Jones 11/14
Ethan Alexander 11/15
Elle Kimball 11/16
Camden Cook 11/18
Zane Vereen 11/24
Zayden Johns 11/24
Aija Stroop 11/29
“Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the Glory of the Father we too may live a new life.” (Romans 6:3-5)
Interested in being baptized contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Fall Hope Community Church! Super grateful to be serving alongside each of you. Over the past few weeks HopeYouth has been breaking down the Gospel. We have already talked through sin, wrath and Jesus rescuing us. My prayer is that students will be confident in understanding the Gospel, so that they will be able to stand strong in the faith. Please be bold in asking your students about the Gospel and how they understand sin, wrath and Jesus rescuing us. As weeks continue, we will talk through the resurrection and the new life we have been given. Thanks for your prayers!
Schedule for November:
Sundays the 1, 8, 15, 22: HopeYouth at Summit Ridge Community Church from
6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
(505 W. Hardy Road)
Sunday, November 29 – NO HopeYouth
Please enjoy quality family time during Thanksgiving break.
HopeYouth Bible Studies:
Saturdays from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
8th grade girls Bible study
@ the Church office
Please contact me for more information.
More Bible studies are coming soon!
2114 W. Grant Road, PMB 87
Tucson, Arizona 85745